At the YMCA of the Twin Tiers, creating a welcoming, inclusive, and healthy environment is a team effort. As a member, participant, or guest, you agree to follow this code of conduct which is rooted in the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. We adhere to all federal, state, and local laws; Our code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
• Create a healthy environment - wipe down/disinfect equipment before and after exercising; practice good hygiene; and stay home if you feel sick.
• Participate in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body; never engage in the use, sale, dispensing, or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol and marijuana on YMCA of the Twin Tiers premises. Preserve the YMCA of the Twin Tiers as a smoke-free environment.
• Create a safe, caring environment; never carry firearms or devices that could be used as a weapon.
• Resolve conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resort to physical contact or threatening gestures, refrain from the use of vulgar, derogatory, or discriminatory language, intimidation, gestures, or any other disrespectful behavior, or “play fighting.”
• Respect others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstain from sexually explicit conversation, behavior, or contact.
• Respect others by refraining from wearing inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
• Respect the property of others; never engage in theft or destruction.
• Respect the YMCA of the Twin Tiers facilities, and refrain from loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA of the Twin Tiers after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property.
• Respect the privacy of all members and guests; never use video recording devices without permission from the YMCA of the Twin Tiers management staff.
Members and guests are encouraged to notify YMCA staff, and Leaders on Duty (LOD) if anyone is found to be in violation of the YMCA of the Twin Tiers Code of Conduct.
In addition, the YMCA of the Twin Tiers conducts background checks on all adult (18+) individuals entering our facility; Photo identification is required to enter. We reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving physical, verbal, or sexual abuse/misconduct, is or has been a registered sex offender, has been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, is currently under the influence of illegal drugs, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages, or has been accused or convicted of any conduct that would in the YMCA’S sole judgment be contrary to the YMCA’s commitment to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all.
The Branch Executive Director will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA of the Twin Tiers membership privileges may result from a determination by the Branch Executive if in his/her discretion a violation of the YMCA of the Twin Tiers Member Code of Conduct has occurred.