The YMCA is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Over 125 years ago, the YMCA of the Twin Tiers planted the seeds of community. Now, we grow stronger together.
IT’S ABOUT PEOPLE
Each year, through our Annual Campaign, 100% of your donation directly supports financial assistance and program subsidies for your friends & neighbors.
The Annual Campaign funds help:
- Provide lifelong experiences for children, adults and families through Y camping, aquatics, sports, wellness and many other vital programs and services;
- Develop and enhance teen programs throughout the community;
- Support the Y’s financial assistance program, assuring that no one is turned away from Y programs and services due only to the inability to pay. 25% of Y members receive some form of financial assistance.
BENEFITS FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY
The YMCA of the Twin Tiers offers quality programs and services that influence the quality of life in our community well beyond those individuals and families who participate in them directly.
- Y programs develop positive values and build self-esteem, helping to prevent substance abuse, crime, and delinquency.
- Health and physical education programs help reduce health care costs, improve the quality of life, combat stress, increase longevity, and improve employee productivity.
- Y child care programs provide the employees of local companies with high quality, convenient and affordable supervision for their children.
- Y programs strengthen families and help them cope with the pressures of modern living.
- The YMCA of the Twin Tiers is a large employer of teenagers, providing many with their first work experience. Their training and development helps promote work habits and skills that will be of future value to them and the businesses with which they will work.
- Programs for seniors promote healthy living, provide social activities and meaningful volunteer service.
- Group centered activities and opportunities for the community involvement cultivate leadership abilities, citizenship and an appreciation of community service.
- The YMCA of the Twin Tiers brings together those of different cultures, religions and ethnic origins in ways that encourage understanding between people.
- The YMCA of the Twin Tiers is a resource to the community for finding ways to solve problems, working together effectively and making our community a better place to live and work.
The YMCA of the Twin Tiers is not just a gym, it is a community. We offer so much more than a traditional gym, here are some programs you may not know about: Senior Aquatics, Diabetes Prevention, 6th Grade Initiative, Dance, Theater, Gymnastics, Early Learning Readiness, Lifeguard Certification, Wellness Programs, Swim League, Polar Bear Series, New Mom Program, Corporate Partnerships, Aquatic Rehab, Senior Programs, Afterschool Care, Infant Care, Child Watch and so much more!
Through our members and program participants, the YMCA of the Twin Tiers reaches more than 16,000 people annually. Providing programs and services that nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. Through financial assistance, supported by your Annual Campaign donations, we are proud to say that, on average, 1 in 4 YMCA members and 7 in 10 children in YMCA child care/early learning programs can only participate because of this program.
HOW YOU CAN HELP IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY
There are 3 simple ways you can help us reach our goal and profoundly impact your community.
- CAMPAIGN. Join us in our cause to strengthen community by becoming a Campaigner and raising funds for the YMCA
- SHARE. Your stories are our history. Share your Y story and experiences with us.
- DONATE. Here are a few ways your donations will help change our community:
- $65 can give: a session of youth sports programs like gymnastics, swimming, basketball and T-ball for a child.
- $150 can give: a kid one week of summer camp, creating life-changing experiences.
- $450 can give: an older adult stay physically and socially active by providing a senior membership.
- $700 can give: a single mom a year membership for her family to get healthy and spend quality time together.
- $1,000 can teach: 100 community children swimming skills and water safety lessons.
We are a nonprofit organization that believes everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, should have the opportunity to learn and grow with us at the YMCA. That’s why we offer our financial assistance program that ensures no one is turned away due only to the inability to pay. We are a powerful advocate for the community, because we are the community.
FOR QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the YMCA at (716) 701-1376
The YMCA of the Twin Tiers will never sell, trade, or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.